FMP Feedback (one to one tutorials)
11/01/2017 – DAN
- Dan pointed out the potential help and collaboration on Ryan’s or Shadid’s projects who both need help.
- Contact one of them.
- I need to contact a music person to create my music.
- Dan sent a inital email to Steve Alexander (on help to recruite a music person for the project). I need to email Steve later tonight/tomorrow with more information on the project (and exactly what I’m looking for.)
- We spoke about what type of music I imagined for my animation.
- And think about the possible characters and if I have a preset one in mind. I suggested that I wanted to determine this completely from the music. Dan agrees. (I may research however and still think this over).
- Research into animations and styles that I like.
- How the music can play with the animation. Cannot start until I have music so need to gain music as soon as possible (especially if I need to make changes.)
18/01/2017 – DAN
Explained what I have done over the last week:
- Contacted and gained a music person
- Worked on doing concept art for a film student (for their FMP) – I made thumbnails and rough tests
- Contacted Shadid to do storyboards for his ‘fight’ animation scene. I have been doing sketches from fight scenes and researching into storyboarding.
- Gathering animations and music I like as research
- Gantt charts and schedules
Dan told me to think about the RnD project, I want to do. What is it I want to do? (something that can help my fmp). And also my bracketing. Pre-production, concept arts, layout (floor plan of the scene) storyboarding, character designs Or animation tests …
Or Dan suggested the lighting, texturing and cleanup stages as well for 2D. The colouring process. I can think about this over during this time. I like the idea of pre-production since I am collaborating with a few people on this section and this could be my RnD project that helps inform my FMP. I also think animation tests might be good to.
We spoke about the camera angles being more important for 2D animation since I cannot change this during production – shortcuts can help me, avoiding full body shots to save time. Thinking about the 2D pipeline and how long I need for each section. (I’ve made gantt charts).
- Email this feedback to dan and the blog. Make sure the tabs are in order. Putting the learning objective number throughout my blog writing.
- Message Eliza Daly (Music person) on when I will exactly receive the music by.
- I am collaborating with music for my project and collaborating with three students through their projects.
- Write my story when I get the music (script).
I sent an email to Dan for feedback before the enhancement week:
What I have done since our last meeting:
Working on Shadid’s 3 minute script storyboarding. (Including research and thumbnailing) I have still to finish this off. It has taken longer than expected.
I’ve started to update my blog but I still haven’t finished with it, but plan to have it fully up to date by over enhancement week : www.alicegearyyear3.wordpress.com
Eliza, the music student I am collaborating with, created a piece of music that was longer than I wanted – but she also made three shorter pieces so I was able to pick my favourite piece. The ending however was looped to the start so we are just working on a better climax for the piece. She hopes to get that to me today (we communicate very regularly so I have no worries there.)
Working on film student’s concepts
I have created moodboards for the several ideas that I have got from listening to the music.
Developing the character from the sounds – she is going to be female.
I’m finalising the ideas
For my own project I have been researching and I am exploring many outcomes (making visual moodboards) for the piece of music. The music like you said was a lot different than I pictured! But it’s interesting to push myself through the challenge. I’m a little behind because I am working on Shadid’s and one other film student for their pre-production. However, by tomorrow I will have finished and will focus on making my own storyboarding and character designs over enhancement week.
I’m interested in the Beano character re-design
I want to work on the tide travellers but I’m worried about limiting my own time for my own storyboarding (Shadid’s project has stopped me from catching up with my own work) I’m not sure if I can commit. 😦 What I was thinking is that I could perhaps make beat boards (e.g 6-10 frames of one episode and see how the story flows?